Searching for external links on a website forum

BlackWidow scans websites (it's a site ripper). It can download an entire website, or download portions of a site.
notekwhat

Searching for external links on a website forum

Post by notekwhat »

Hi,

Can someone explain to me how I can set up blackwidow to search for external links in a forum thread?
Basically I want to grab file hosted links in forums some of which are hidden under java script buttons and and some are not.
Ideally blackwidow would export the list to a file with any relevant information. Is that possible?

Support
Site Admin

Re: Searching for external links on a website forum

Post by Support »

That would be the job of our BrownRecluse instead as it is capable of saving to files. But it needs to be scripted. If you can provide the URL then we can provide a script. If you're going to use BrownRecluse, please post the request in the BrownRecluse forum so we don't get all mixed up.
Your support team.
http://SoftByteLabs.com

notekwhat

Post by notekwhat »

I never purchased brownrecluse, only blackwidow. Will brownrecluse work in shareware mode? Can blackwidow do anything similar??
I've been playing around with blackwidow but its not very intuitive. And with the netspy function I know it captures urls but its not saved anywhere?

Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

We can script BlackWidow to convert some simple javascript links to href links so that it can see them, but it can not save to file. However, it will display them in the Structure where you can then export the list to the clipboard and paste it in a text editor and save to a file.

NetSpy will also populate the Structure with the links.

If you can provide me with a URL, I can try to make you a filter to get the links. If you want this to be private, send it to me in a private message.
Your support team.
http://SoftByteLabs.com