Star Trek

GateGirl86

Star Trek

Post by GateGirl86 »

I'll confess straight up. I'm not a Trekkie. In fact I know so little about the franchise, which you might be aghast at that fact, since I am heavily into sci-fi. I just always thought it was perhaps a little too 60s for me. Don't get me wrong, I love that era and I wish I could have lived it as my parents did.

So okay, enough of that BS. One of my patients recently offered me a challenge, since I had to (my choice) sit with him over several days to see how his recovery was going. Each afternoon at 5, he'd ask me to put it on Channel 10. Guess what he was watching. So his challenge? Create one of the Trek Enterprise ships by the end of the week, which technically for his benefit is today. I did some research and unlike my beloved Stargate BC304, there is a plethora of material available for 3D modellers to use. I chose to build the updated version.
USS_Enterprise.png
USS_Enterprise.png (440.84 KiB) Viewed 756 times
USS_Enterprise-2.png
USS_Enterprise-2.png (640.21 KiB) Viewed 756 times
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
Support
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek

Post by Support »

The old StarTek with Kirk is outdated for me since the CGI of it was so poor compares to the later ones. I did however watch that Kirk all the time as a kid. Stargate SG1 is my favorite, I probably watch it 10 times since there are no more, sadly.

You've done an excellent job here, in so little time! I see you used the moon and stars in Raylectron too :)
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

Support wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:31 pm The old StarTek with Kirk is outdated for me since the CGI of it was so poor compares to the later ones. I did however watch that Kirk all the time as a kid. Stargate SG1 is my favorite, I probably watch it 10 times since there are no more, sadly.

You've done an excellent job here, in so little time! I see you used the moon and stars in Raylectron too :)
My Dad was a fan, he didn't pass that onto me :D and yes I saw that (stars and moon) the other day, so I thought I'd give it a try. The ship is quite low poly, so I am amazed as to how well it rendered.

For me, Stargate, especially SG1 is the show others have to catch up with. I still watch it today, I start at Seas1 to 10, then go back. Never tire of it.

Thank you! :mrgreen:
Sarah Connor
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Excellent work!
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

BKilburn wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:30 pmExcellent work!
Thank you! :mrgreen:
Sarah Connor