The Nostromo

Alienizer

The Nostromo

Post by Alienizer »

I got this model from the 3D warehouse (hint from Michael). I used all the bells and whistles in Raylectron to get it like this. The forum helps a lot, especially Melanie with her questions (thank you) I don't have to ask them, I just look at the answers :D
Nostromo.png
Nostromo.png (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1084 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: The Nostromo

Post by Support »

Good job on the rendering on this one. With the last version I send you, you got the water just right and the rays too. Well done :salute
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Alienizer

Post by Alienizer »

Yeah, that new version is WAY better, even for indoor scenes. Got it just right, the lighting is perfect. The "Auto Set" for the emitters is also perfect, I don't have to do anything. Just the one thing that is confusing is, to set the Area rather than the Power to make it brighter, but beside that, it's all good and easy. Thanks for all the help too, you guys are awesome.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Thank you :salute

We'll have a much better help text for the settings, instead of that little popup that stays for a few seconds, I don't like it.

The Illumination is computed based on the area of the emitter. So if the area is small, like a flashlight, and you increase the Power, it will be very bright but not the shadows, as is the case in real life. By increasing the Area instead, you fool the engine on thinking it's a big light, like an area light for example, like those in kitchens (3ft x 1ft) where the power is low but the area is big, so the light doesn't produce super bright spots and the shadowed areas are well lite. That's why I suggested to set the Area and leave the power at its default of 35.
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Alienizer

Post by Alienizer »

ah, now I get it, perfect, thanks a lot :salute
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Well done!