Carrier Battle Group of the IUSP

Dedicated to the Stargate Franchise
Okwa

Carrier Battle Group of the IUSP

Post by Okwa »

Note: This Stargate version is not part of GateGirl86's version of Stargate. My AU takes place 375 years after the events of the film/television series.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the year 2377, Earth is a member of the Intergalactic Union of Sovereign Planets. The IUSP has only two military branches: the Space Fleet, called United Space Operations Command, which is also the supreme command authority of the Space Fleet, and for all military operations on planets, the Intergalactic Marine Corps. All other military branches have been abolished. However, in the early 22nd century, on the initiative of several Marine Corps officers, the Army, Air Force and Navy were re-established as special units within the Marine Corps. The Marine Naval Corps is the maritime special forces unit. The basis of the MNC are the Carrier Battle Groups, one of which can be seen in this picture.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With this picture I wanted to try out yesterday's tutorial by GateGirl86 regarding interior lighting. On the other hand, I also wanted to try out Raylectron's settings for water. Again, GateGirl86, with her fantastic images of the aircraft carrier USS Peleliu, has given a good example of what it should look like.
Since I decided to take a picture in at sunrise/sunset, you can't see the interior lighting very well. But I assure you, without the interior lighting, the windows of the ships would not show up as wonderfully as they do in the finished picture.
Attachments
MNC Carrier Battle Group.jpg
MNC Carrier Battle Group.jpg (386.48 KiB) Viewed 1455 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: Carrier Battle Group of the IUSP

Post by Support »

:o wow, very impressive!
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

Holy Hannah! Okwa that does look totally and completely, insanely gorgeous! (I should use more adjectives) I utterly love it and you have really nailed that water look. :salute :mrgreen: <3
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Did you use the Raylectron sky or a background picture? If the former, what settings did you use???
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Many, many thanks. :D The background is an HDRI. When I used the Raylectron sky, there was a clearly visible white stripe on the horizon. This, as you can see, is not visible with HDRI.
Hey Mel, that's why I wanted to ask you how you created the images of the USS Peleliu. I have looked again at all your pictures with water. You used the Raylectron sky and yet you can't see a white stripe. Did you place the model and the water above the horizon?
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

:salute

The Peleliu is set in the water to the boot topping (the painted demarcation between the upper hull and keel). And the camera angle set to lift that white line, or lower it I should say, below the visible. You can move your model around in render by holding the centre mouse key down. :D
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Adjust the camera angle? That simple? :shock: I can't believe I had to ask for that. :oops: And didn't think of it myself. :twisted: I have to say, now I am frustrated with myself! :twisted:
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

Okwa wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:23 pm Adjust the camera angle? That simple? :shock: I can't believe I had to ask for that. :oops: And didn't think of it myself. :twisted: I have to say, now I am frustrated with myself! :twisted:
Don't worry, you're not Robinson Crusoe on this, it has been a huge learning curve for me as well. :salute :mrgreen: :lol:
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Depends on the Robinson Crusoe. I know a nice Italian comedy from 1976. :D :D :D :D
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sarah Connor