engineering department: main engineering department

Dedicated to the Stargate Franchise
Okwa

engineering department: main engineering department

Post by Okwa »

My last picture showed the view from the main engineering department to the main energy sources of my spaceships. Now you can practically see what was behind the camera in the last picture. Since the room seemed too big for me to show the scene from inside the room, I again decided on a bird's eye view. I also added a soldier, 1.77 m tall, to the scene. I have refrained from using him so far because I unfortunately lost the link to the actual creator (3D Warehouse user Antics) and therefore could not give credits. Fortunately, however, I found the link again (see at the bottom).
The black areas at the other end of the room are two access corridors, but since I didn't want to make the scene unnecessarily more complicated and thus longer to render, I just left the corridors black (light out) The doors, also at the far end of the room, are elevator doors, massive elevator doors.

The blue spheres in the middle are holograms. This time rendered (or do you say generated in this case?) with a slightly different method than in the image of the command bridge. Just set the transparency to 100, everything else to 0. I had forgotten to turn down the shininess slider in the previous attempts to render a holo sphere. When mistakes like that happen to me out of carelessness, it really makes me mad at myself. But now I have finally achieved my desired effect for holograms.

P.S. Oh, Forgotten. The chairs used here are from GateGirl86. She was kind enough to let me have her model. These chairs fit better.

Model Soldier: Sketchup 3D Warehouse User: Antics https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... -Character
Attachments
IUSP Engineering Department Main Department final version.jpg
IUSP Engineering Department Main Department final version.jpg (224.87 KiB) Viewed 829 times
Last edited by Okwa on Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support
Site Admin

Re: engineering department: main engineering department

Post by Support »

Very nice and now I can properly see how it looks like as before, I could only imagine. Nice work :salute

Did you remove or hide the ceiling for this view? or did you use section cuts which does not delete anything?
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:22 pm Very nice and now I can properly see how it looks like as before, I could only imagine. Nice work :salute

Did you remove or hide the ceiling for this view? or did you use section cuts which does not delete anything?
Many Thanks.
I simply left out the ceiling. This saved me a work step, since the room, so that I could work on it, had no ceiling anyway. :D
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

oh, but it would be better is you had a ceiling to confine the light rays so they just don't disappear in space, making the render faster. Use section cuts in Sketchup and hide them, so you can work on your model as if there was no ceiling. You can place as many you like and in Raylectron, it will automatically use them for the camera so you can look inside from the outside as if there were no ceiling or wall.
Your support team.
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:22 pm oh, but it would be better is you had a ceiling to confine the light rays so they just don't disappear in space, making the render faster. Use section cuts in Sketchup and hide them, so you can work on your model as if there was no ceiling. You can place as many you like and in Raylectron, it will automatically use them for the camera so you can look inside from the outside as if there were no ceiling or wall.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it out right away. The room looks brighter. But I also have a different viewing angle. That could also be the reason. :D
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Yes it will be brighter as the light rays bounces off walls and ceiling.
Your support team.