Space Station

Dedicated to the Stargate Franchise
Okwa

Space Station

Post by Okwa »

After several animations, here is finally a normal picture again. :D
It shows a space station of the type Solar Plasma Hydrogen Treatment Plant space station, SOLARHTPP for short, which are also known as Sophy-Stations among space travellers. This type of space station belongs to the Intergalactic Union of Sovereign Planets (IUSP) and is used to extract hydrogen as fuel for fusion reactors.

Sophy-Stations are located in close orbit around stars, which in our solar system would be at most half the distance of Sun-Mercury. Plasma is extracted from the star with the help of energy fields and tractor beams. Then, high-power thermocouples extract thermal energy from the plasma until it converts into normal hydrogen gas, which is then further processed into frozen hydrogen. This is pressed into small pellets that are used as fuel for fusion reactors.
The thermal energy extracted from the plasma is used to run the Sophy station. Surplus energy is stored in high-performance energy storage units. These units are then transported to the end user by special freighters. Sophy stations have been so successful that large parts of the IUSP - such as planets, space stations and civil space travel - rely only on Sophy stations or the corresponding high-performance energy storage units as their main energy sources. Conventional energy sources such as fusion reactors now only serve as emergency energy sources or are used where the storage units cannot be used for various reasons.

I have created two images because I had problems activating god rays for the "star". Since the two pictures were taken a few days apart, the view is not the same. :D
Attachments
Sophy Station II.jpg
Sophy Station II.jpg (250.04 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
Sophy Station I.jpg
Sophy Station I.jpg (87.45 KiB) Viewed 1034 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: Space Station

Post by Support »

Very interesting.
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:08 pmVery interesting.
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

You had my reply at DA, although I don't mind repeating it.

Bloody Awesome ! :mrgreen:
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor