IUSP Hangar II: different angle

Dedicated to the Stargate Franchise
Okwa

IUSP Hangar II: different angle

Post by Okwa »

This picture shows the hangar from a different angle than in the last the picture. The first picture was taken from the hangar control room. This hangar control room can be seen at the far end of the runway in this picture. This picture was taken from the foremost corner of the starboard gallery, the corner closest to the hangar door.

From here you can now see the workbenches and measuring equipment on the galleries above the maintenance bays. The two autonomous transport vehicles, each loaded with eight RE Ancient Mk II drones, and the remote-controlled tractor are also, in my opinion, more visible.
Attachments
IUSP Hangar II.jpg
IUSP Hangar II.jpg (406.43 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: IUSP Hangar II: different angle

Post by Support »

Very well done @Okwa , I love how it's illuminated, it makes it look just like what it's suppose to look like. And something about it that makes me keep looking, I don't know what it is, but it's positive. :salute
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:08 am Very well done @Okwa , I love how it's illuminated, it makes it look just like what it's suppose to look like. And something about it that makes me keep looking, I don't know what it is, but it's positive. :salute
Many thanks. That is the most beautiful compliment. :salute
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

You are very welcome @Okwa. It may not be all full of shines, reflections, glass etc. like most so call "perfect" rendered model, but your style shines through and that's its beauty. It's warm, it's not falsely "gorgeous" with bells and whistles. It's humanized, it has a character, a style, a meaning. That's probably why I keep looking at it.
Your support team.
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:39 am You are very welcome @Okwa. It may not be all full of shines, reflections, glass etc. like most so call "perfect" rendered model, but your style shines through and that's its beauty. It's warm, it's not falsely "gorgeous" with bells and whistles. It's humanized, it has a character, a style, a meaning. That's probably why I keep looking at it.
Many thanks, too much praise. Detail work has always been a weakness of mine unlike GateGirl. I struggle to get the proportions right with detail. But working on this scene, I remembered again that detail can be achieved not only with models, i.e. 3D detail. You can also work very well with textures, 2D details. You can see that particularly well on the walls. You would think they were actually tiled, as if I had created the walls with individual "tiles". Yet this is just a standard texture from Sketchup. Another modeller using Sketchup has achieved true mastery in this respect. Maybe I should use this method more often.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Well, you have fooled me because I thought the tiles were a geometry not a texture. That alone is impressive. I can just imagine if you'd put more detailed work on top of that! In any case, I stand with what I said and decline your "too much praise" and I'm sure @GateGirl86 will agree with me :mrgreen: :salute
Your support team.
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

@Support I must be more precise. The ceiling tiled with large tiles is a texture, but not a standard Sketchup texture. I had created this texture myself. The back wall and the walls below, the small tiles, that is a standard texture. :D
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

In that case, one more reason I stand with my original reply, that's REALLY awesome Okwa, and VERY impressive. Now I want @GateGirl86 to tell her side too :)
Your support team.
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

I think it's absolutely brilliant! I just adore the wall and ceiling paneling, that really does look the right fit. I'm not entirely sure of the rear 'brick' like texture, but it certainly doesn't detract from the overall feel of it! Job well done! :salute
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

GateGirl86 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:35 pm I think it's absolutely brilliant! I just adore the wall and ceiling paneling, that really does look the right fit. I'm not entirely sure of the rear 'brick' like texture, but it certainly doesn't detract from the overall feel of it! Job well done! :salute
Many thanks. <3 I knew we would have the same criticism. I'm not sure about the "brick-like" texture on the back either. But my self-made armour plate texture is not made for such small walls. The repetitions of the pattern are too obvious on such a small surface. And this brick pattern is the texture among the standard textures that is most similar to my armour plate texture. And where you don't see the repetitions of the pattern so quickly.
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

Let me think about it. I do have a few textures I've used for similar projects. I just need to find them. :salute
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

GateGirl86 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 2:44 pm Let me think about it. I do have a few textures I've used for similar projects. I just need to find them. :salute
Thanks, don't bother. Making textures is easy. I just didn't find the time the day I did the scene (or was too lazy, since nobody pays attention to such details on a certain other site anyway :roll: ). I just have to make some new textures again. :D
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

"so say we all" :salute
Sarah Connor