Something different: Star Trek

Okwa

Something different: Star Trek

Post by Okwa »

:D This is a battle scene from a Star Trek AU of mine. In this timeline, the Starfleet ships are spherical. The scene is also post-processed with GIMP. I have added a few explosions.

Oh yes, I forgot. The credits for the background: Background by DevianArt user Euderion: www.deviantart.com/euderion/ar
Attachments
Battle of Pahvo III Env Map Light plus Sun mit explosionen.jpg
Battle of Pahvo III Env Map Light plus Sun mit explosionen.jpg (1004.2 KiB) Viewed 2047 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: Something different: Star Trek

Post by Support »

oh wow!!! Very nice! I thought the whole thing was a background! The render merges well with it, good job Okwa :salute :salute
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

@Okwa that is truly amazing! <3 :salute
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

@GateGirl86 Many thanks. I am not completely satisfied with the special effects. I like the explosions on the first version of the picture better. But I have forgotten how exactly I created them. :cry:

@Support Many thanks. I don't want to hide the fact that the light adjustment was an accident. I accidentally adjusted one of the sliders in "Sun & Sky".

But I have a question about the static background. If I leave the ground and sky activated in "Illumination", there is a clear border in the background image when I insert the static background.I quickly created this image with this error so you can see what I mean.
Switching off the sky and the background causes the background to become completely black and the background image is not visible. If you only switch off the ground, the background becomes blue, the background image is not visible.
In the picture above I have activated "Eviroment Map" in Illumination without setting a map. Then there is the result from above
Attachments
Example.jpg
Example.jpg (154.5 KiB) Viewed 2037 times
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

I will have to look into that one because it's kind of complex for the render to handle all different states, env map, static, ground, no ground and then the shadows on env map, but not on static background, but on the ground, unless the ground is off etc.
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:01 am I will have to look into that one because it's kind of complex for the render to handle all different states, env map, static, ground, no ground and then the shadows on env map, but not on static background, but on the ground, unless the ground is off etc.
I just wanted to mention it. As I said, I have found a way around it. It is therefore, for me, nothing significant. However, I have noticed this thing before. But since I only used the programme's own backgrounds in the last few months, I forgot about it again.I didn't want to forget to mention it, because I have to take my job as a test user seriously. :D
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

@Okwa You did a tremendous job. And I think we both touched on this at an earlier time, when we do things my mistake, and end up with something grand! :mrgreen:

Okay, with the 'border' thing. That is easy to fix. Go to your ground/sky settings and check 'override sun colour' Then go to the RGB setting for both ground and sky and make them both 255. Job done. :salute
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

@GateGirl86 :P I already had the idea of going to override in "Sun&Sky" and making the ground white. :P But it doesn't help. :lol:

All my models are basically mistakes. :lol:
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

I could have a look at it if you like.
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

@GateGirl86If you want, please, thank you. <3 I don't think you'll find anything. But see your PM.
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

Let me see what I can do. :salute
@Okwa did you send a PM?
Sarah Connor
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Wow!

The second one looks far better.
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

@GateGirl86 I was sure I had sent you the rof file for this image :oops: I must have messed up. And now I've overwritten the file again :lol:
@BKilburn Many thanks for that. The right light/background setting and a little clumsy post-processing :D do wonders for the effect of an image.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Okwa wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:14 am @GateGirl86 I was sure I had sent you the rof file for this image :oops: I must have messed up. And now I've overwritten the file again :lol:
@BKilburn Many thanks for that. The right light/background setting and a little clumsy post-processing :D do wonders for the effect of an image.
Oops. I did not notice you did that render. I honestly thought she had made the change.

Good to see you both collaborating!
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

@BKilburnIf she can help, she always helps. In this case, however, it was not possible because I made a mistake when sending my file. And the file has been overwritten by me in the meantime.
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

never mind, next time :salute :mrgreen:
Sarah Connor