Test render: Red Hong

BKilburn

Test render: Red Hong

Post by BKilburn »

Model based on a sketchy concept painting by Red Hong. I had exactly one view to try and translate this. :lol: What was I thinking?

Still more detail to add and colors to adjust on the model. The environment is pretty much set.
Attachments
Red Hong small ship final render.jpg
Red Hong small ship final render.jpg (280.12 KiB) Viewed 3530 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: Test render: Red Hong

Post by Support »

WOW, I just searched for it and found his painting, you sure got the eye for perfection because it looks just like the painting, with a few missing thing but the shape and all, identical. Very impressive Bryan, very impressive, considering you did that from a painting only :o :o :o
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Are you also going to call it Sonic?
Your support team.
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Wonderful work. To turn a 2D image into such a good 3D model is really impressive. And a daring project. I know what I'm talking about. :lol:
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Support wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:12 am WOW, I just searched for it and found his painting, you sure got the eye for perfection because it looks just like the painting, with a few missing thing but the shape and all, identical. Very impressive Bryan, very impressive, considering you did that from a painting only :o :o :o
Thanks!

Yep, that's the painting I used. The model is still WIP. Just test rendering for the moment.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Support wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:14 am Are you also going to call it Sonic?
Well of course! That's one of the details left to model.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

BKilburn wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:58 pm
Support wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:14 am Are you also going to call it Sonic?
Well of course! That's one of the details left to model.
I love the name :salute
Your support team.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Okwa wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:18 am Wonderful work. To turn a 2D image into such a good 3D model is really impressive. And a daring project. I know what I'm talking about. :lol:
Thanks!

But, gah! It's taken me almost 3 months to do this one. Getting the curvatures and proportion right was a stumper. It's still not perfect. But it's close enough for me so I've finally moved on to detailing. It's almost finished.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Update. Just testing the render. Some minor changes. Still have to finish the model.
Attachments
Red Hong small ship final render 2.jpg
Red Hong small ship final render 2.jpg (226.84 KiB) Viewed 3514 times
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

It turned out to be really nice Bryan, I love it :salute
Your support team.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Support wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:57 pm It turned out to be really nice Bryan, I love it :salute
Thanks. It's getting there. Still a little off to my eye. The sky and ground are good. Alien world and all that. I probably just need to finish the model.

But the environment is exactly what I want.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

BKilburn wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:12 pm But the environment is exactly what I want.
The environment is PERFECT indeed.
Your support team.
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

@BKilburn
You're welcome. :)
Creating round or even organic shapes in Sk is a pain. That's just the way it is.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

The model is finished. Will start working on the renders next week.
Attachments
Red Hong small ship final 79.jpg
Red Hong small ship final 79.jpg (62.2 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
Red Hong small ship final 80.jpg
Red Hong small ship final 80.jpg (59.29 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

oh WOW, it's nice, very nice Bryan. I can't wait to see it rendered, and, animated too :D :salute

Let me know when you are ready, I'll send you the latest Raylectron. I suppose you have a very good video card?
Your support team.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Support wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:13 pm oh WOW, it's nice, very nice Bryan. I can't wait to see it rendered, and, animated too :D :salute

Let me know when you are ready, I'll send you the latest Raylectron. I suppose you have a very good video card?
Thanks.

RTX 3050. 4GB GDDR6

It can share with an ATI GPU built into the CPU and can tap 16GB RAM.

It's a unique setup but I've not tested it for animation rendering yet.

The scene will be simple. Low level fly-by at height shown with camera stationary in front from a distance and slightly above vehicle, dropping slowly as the vehicle approaches almost head on, to almost ground level as the vehicle passes to show the underside while rotating at pass, then fully rotated to show vehicle from the rear as it leaves.

LOL, I say simple.

Any suggestions for making dust? Very light dust. A dust trail would be nice
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

oh you won't have a problem on your RTX-3050, it's faster than my RTX-2070 LOL

Dust, hmmm, no, I don't really have an idea how to do that, if it was rocks, then yes, you could use the Assets, but dust, I'll have think about that one. I may have an option for that too :lol:
Your support team.
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

That does look beautiful. I'm not familiar with it, but I know great work when I see it. :salute
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

GateGirl86 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:47 pm That does look beautiful. I'm not familiar with it, but I know great work when I see it. :salute
Thanks!
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

:mrgreen: :salute
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Test render update. I just need to add the engine exhaust and this looks like it's finished.

The texturing is actually floor tile from Raylectron Cloud textures, expand to 5 and color changed to off-white, then rotated about 60-something degrees. I got lucky with this, although I did fiddle with it until it looked right.
Attachments
Red Hong small ship final render 3.jpg
Red Hong small ship final render 3.jpg (222.41 KiB) Viewed 3207 times
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

That's REALLY nice Bryan, and I can't believe you used a floor tile texture and made it look like this, I would have NEVER guess that you did this, wow, very cool and clever. :salute

You could add a light in the exhaust and turn on the God's Ray for it. I've updated the link of the GPU that now support God's Ray.
Your support team.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Support wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:26 pm That's REALLY nice Bryan, and I can't believe you used a floor tile texture and made it look like this, I would have NEVER guess that you did this, wow, very cool and clever. :salute

You could add a light in the exhaust and turn on the God's Ray for it. I've updated the link of the GPU that now support God's Ray.
Thanks!

Problem though, I went to render it again as the canopy was too light and the engine textures did not stay the same and I cannot get the exact same result. Color is good, but texture visually reverted back back to base 1x1 and O position (x,y and rotation), even though the settings did not change from this render. (5x5, 71+ rotation and x -1, y0)

So the settings stayed the same as I had set them, but the textured showed as default, except for the color, which remained the same. I don't know if I'll get this same result again. This was perfect. Very strange.

I have yet to re-install SU 2022. I received the rbz, but I had uninstalled 2022 a few months ago. I have not had time to re-install everything.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

:o I've never encountered this problem before. Have you tried to "Load settings" and select the CFG see if it will fix it? So the settings shows the right thing and so does the draft mode, but not when rendered? Is that on the CPU or GPU v4rsion?
Your support team.
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Support wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:51 pm :o I've never encountered this problem before. Have you tried to "Load settings" and select the CFG see if it will fix it? So the settings shows the right thing and so does the draft mode, but not when rendered? Is that on the CPU or GPU v4rsion?
I did try that. This is CPU.

Maybe just a one time glitch. I've not seen this before either.