Party Time on Bajor

Okwa

Party Time on Bajor

Post by Okwa »

Another picture from my Star Trek AU "Sperical Starfleet". The picture shows a scene 10 years after the Dominion War from the series "Deep Space Nine". As a reconciliation between the war opponents, the Cardassians, the initiators and losers of the war, have decided to give the Bajorans, occupied by the Cardassians for 50 years, a gift. Bajor receives the first ship of the newest Cardassian ship class, the Damar, named after the war hero and resistance fighter of the same name.

We see the arrival of the Damar, in the foreground of the scene, in orbit of Bajor. The ship is already awaited by a fleet of Bajoran ships and the Starfleet ship USS Defiant,

To be honest, I only created the scene because I saw a tutorial on YouTube on how to create fireworks in the graphics program GIMP. I wanted to know if I could change the method so that I could insert the fireworks into a scene. The tutorial referred to a pure fireworks image. I'm actually quite happy with the result. Especially when I consider how complex the editing was. :D

@Support
Attachments
commissioning of the Damar.jpg
commissioning of the Damar.jpg (411.63 KiB) Viewed 441 times
BKilburn

Re: Party Time on Bajor

Post by BKilburn »

Interesting effect!
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

BKilburn wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:47 pm Interesting effect!
Isn't it? It at least looks a bit like fireworks from the ships.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

I was going to ask you how did you do these fireworks in 3D, but now I know. However, It got me thinking a lot before I started reading. I should have read first :lol:

and yes, it's a very interesting effect indeed.

Am I to take this as adding 3D Fireworks to Raylectron too? :lol:
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:58 pm I was going to ask you how did you do these fireworks in 3D, but now I know. However, It got me thinking a lot before I started reading. I should have read first :lol:

and yes, it's a very interesting effect indeed.

Am I to take this as adding 3D Fireworks to Raylectron too? :lol:
Many Thanks.

No! :lol: If you add fireworks to Raylectron, I'll just get lazier instead of creating the effects myself. ;)
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Okwa wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:50 am No! :lol: If you add fireworks to Raylectron, I'll just get lazier instead of creating the effects myself. ;)
:salute :salute
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com