Command bridge of the IUSP/USOC-Ships Top view

Dedicated to the Stargate Franchise
Okwa

Command bridge of the IUSP/USOC-Ships Top view

Post by Okwa »

And because it was so nice, here is another picture of my command bridges. On the left of the picture you can see the astrogation bridge and on the right the flag bridge. I tried different texture settings for the spherical, holographic "screens". None of the settings quite meet my expectations. The actual "screen" should look like a kind of fog, somehow visible, but only faint. Unfortunately, the diffusion setting did not produce the desired result, but made the transparent components of the sphere too visible. Even at the lowest setting. The golden components, i.e. the "holographic information" on the "holographic screen", should also be somewhat transparent. This can be seen in the picture at the bottom. Unfortunately, this makes the components less visible. In the upper picture, I had dispensed with the transparency, so the difference is quite obvious. The presentation of the "information" should actually lie somewhere between these two variants.
Attachments
Bridge Interior Redesign Astrogation bridge new from above.jpg
Bridge Interior Redesign Astrogation bridge new from above.jpg (391.89 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Bridge Interior Redesign Astrogation bridge new from above II.jpg
Bridge Interior Redesign Astrogation bridge new from above II.jpg (440.15 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: Command bridge of the IUSP/USOC-Ships Top view

Post by Support »

To make it look like a hologram, make sure that the texture is applied to the front and back faces, or to the group (with the faces to default material) and in Raylectron, make it an Emitter, set the emitting face to Both, the beam kind to None and the Transparency to like 80 and double click on the Area Adjustment to make it zero and the Power to 35.
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Attachments
Hologram.jpg
Hologram.jpg (402.49 KiB) Viewed 911 times
Your support team.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

and here is holographic GateGirl aka Sam :D :salute
Attachments
Hologram.jpg
Hologram.jpg (405.81 KiB) Viewed 910 times
Your support team.
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:47 am To make it look like a hologram, make sure that the texture is applied to the front and back faces, or to the group (with the faces to default material) and in Raylectron, make it an Emitter, set the emitting face to Both, the beam kind to None and the Transparency to like 80 and double click on the Area Adjustment to make it zero and the Power to 35.
Many thanks! I will try this out first thing in the morning. :)

P.S. Oh what the hell. I tried it out right away. :D
I couldn't let it render for long though, only 5 min/30 samples. But this is the result. I think my method of creating this holo model is counterproductive to your method of rendering a holoram. Maybe I should redesign my model.
Bridge Interior Redesign Holo.jpg
Bridge Interior Redesign Holo.jpg (296.87 KiB) Viewed 905 times
P.S.S. I tried your method again today, with a new model for the large holoscreens. This is the result.
Bridge Interior Redesign Holo New.jpg
Bridge Interior Redesign Holo New.jpg (414.47 KiB) Viewed 901 times