Crew quarters

Dedicated to the Stargate Franchise
Okwa

Crew quarters

Post by Okwa »

An example of what crew quarters look like aboard my Union starships. This is a 2-person quarters, hence a king-size bed and a slightly larger living area of 30 m². Otherwise, with the exception of the pictures on the walls, this is a standard quarters with the basic furnishings of the quarters. Staff permanently stationed on board may furnish their respective quarters individually. Temporary staff must make do with basic furnishings. Basically, the accommodation hardly differs from each other, senior officers only have larger rooms. 1-person quarters for senior officers have between 30 and 50 m², depending on the type of ship, with their own sanitary facilities.

By the way, the screen on the right wall is a multi-purpose screen and also serves as a TV.
Attachments
IUSP Crew Quarter.jpg
IUSP Crew Quarter.jpg (318.06 KiB) Viewed 935 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: Crew quarters

Post by Support »

When can I move in :)

It's really nice but with that big ceiling light, I was expecting the room to be brighter? or maybe because the materials are very dark. In any case, I like it and thank you for sharing :salute
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:44 am When can I move in :)

It's really nice but with that big ceiling light, I was expecting the room to be brighter? or maybe because the materials are very dark. In any case, I like it and thank you for sharing :salute
Many thanks. Yes, I was also surprised that the scene is quite dark, even though the light is only set to 35. It's actually because of the images on the walls. I rendered the scene several times to see how it looked, starting with just the dresser at the back right and then more and more furniture. These also changed the light ratio, but not so much. However, the scene became really darker when I added the pictures on the walls. It is really fascinating how different models in a scene influence the light during rendering.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Yes, that's what happens. But have you set the emitter's Area Adjustment to more than zero? This will make it brighter and soft.
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:24 pm Yes, that's what happens. But have you set the emitter's Area Adjustment to more than zero? This will make it brighter and soft.
Yes, area adjustment is not equal to zero. I can no longer tell you the exact value. But as a matter of principle, I always set the value according to the area of the scene. So here I have set it so that the value under the slider for Area Adjustment shows 35 m².
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

I think this looks really lovely. For my practical mind though, somehow I am imaging it to portray more of a civilian than military ship. Although I know from the very few episodes of Star Trek I have seen, this does tend to be far less militaristic as we go into the future and I think @Okwa you have done exceedingly well with this! 9.99/10 :salute :mrgreen:
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

GateGirl86 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:26 pm I think this looks really lovely. For my practical mind though, somehow I am imaging it to portray more of a civilian than military ship. Although I know from the very few episodes of Star Trek I have seen, this does tend to be far less militaristic as we go into the future and I think @Okwa you have done exceedingly well with this! 9.99/10 :salute :mrgreen:
Many thanks for that. <3
Actually, I know quite a few series, especially from the 60s to the 80s, novels as well as TV series, where the quarters on warships look more like cruise cabins on civilian spaceships rather than real warships. Somehow I like the idea. It suggests a, how shall I put it now, more casual approach. Everything is much more relaxed, both on board and between potential enemies.
It's like leaving warfare to stoned hippies. :D
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

You're welcome. And I do get that approach, as I applied much the same thoughts when I was creating the ship's cafe on my DD-100. Which reminds me, I should get back on that. :mrgreen: And yes, I know all about the stoned hippy thing (points at parents) :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

GateGirl86 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 1:52 pm You're welcome. And I do get that approach, as I applied much the same thoughts when I was creating the ship's cafe on my DD-100. Which reminds me, I should get back on that. :mrgreen: And yes, I know all about the stoned hippy thing (points at parents) :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: