IUSP Infirmary

Dedicated to the Stargate Franchise
Okwa

IUSP Infirmary

Post by Okwa »

An image that I forgot to post. It shows a typical infirmary on an IUSP spaceship. The medical departments on board can include different numbers of infirmaries depending on the class and size of the ship. From the Teldy-class corvettes, which have one infirmary, to the Pendergast-class fleet carriers, which have up to 25 infirmaries. In the case of the Pendergast Class, only the permanently installed infirmaries are taken into account here. The possible additional mission-dependent medical facilities thanks to the SDUS design are not taken into account in this number.

A typical infirmary consists of a room with six infirmary beds. Each of these beds is surrounded by "Shape Walls", which are recognisable as square columns around each bed. The "Shape Walls" are foils of a composite material with memory and shapeshifting properties and are located inside the columns. When needed, the "Shape Walls" are rolled out and the infirmary can be divided into up to six individual rooms, each containing one bed and measuring approximately 10 m². The "Shape Walls" not only enable complete visual and acoustic separation, but also contain emitters for a disinfecting energy field, so that the "individual rooms" can also be used as treatment rooms after disinfection. The hospital beds offer basic examination possibilities thanks to integrated sensors, and the information about the patient is displayed on the screen above the bed in each case.

At the end of the infirmary is the actual treatment area. In this semicircular part of the infirmary there is a treatment table and two work stations. The left station is used for more extensive examinations on the treatment table, including light operations. The right-hand station is used for support by additional medical staff and also serves as a work station for the medical staff on duty, especially for administrative activities. Of course, this area of the infirmary can also be completely separated. The treatment area has an even more effective and powerful disinfecting emitter, so that this area can be sterilised to such an extent that it meets the hygiene standards of an operating theatre after the "Shape Walls" have been set up. In addition, there are further extensive sensors here as well as five screens for the simultaneous display of a wide variety of patient data. As already mentioned, however, this examination area is mainly intended for light operations and primarily serves non-invasive treatments. In addition to the infirmary, there is therefore always a full-fledged, separate operating theatre on every ship.
And as always, the brave soldier stands by so that you can see the proportions better.
Attachments
IUSP Infirmary.jpg
IUSP Infirmary.jpg (296.95 KiB) Viewed 1531 times
Support
Site Admin

Re: IUSP Infirmary

Post by Support »

:o soon enough you'll have a complete ship interior!!! Well done @Okwa
Your support team.
https://SoftByteLabs.com
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:48 am :o soon enough you'll have a complete ship interior!!! Well done @Okwa
Many thanks. Yes, almost finished with the interior, I think. :D
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Okwa wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:51 am Many thanks. Yes, almost finished with the interior, I think. :D
One thing that would be cool is if you could place a section cut on top of the ship and cut it in a way that we can see the whole interior, rendered (section cuts is only for the camera). :salute
Your support team.
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

I said how much I loved this, I'll say it again. I LOVE IT!!!!! <3 <3
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

Support wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:54 am One thing that would be cool is if you could place a section cut on top of the ship and cut it in a way that we can see the whole interior, rendered (section cuts is only for the camera). :salute
Let's see. From individual rooms to a view of the entire interior, that's quite a difference. But to be honest, I've already done something like that for a gun turret. See the image below, but this is only a 2D export. I had a problem with the section cut, but I forgot to ask you if you know a solution. As far as I know, section cut cannot be made translucent, can it? Because simply setting the section cut and rendering it would leave the interior dark, black, during rendering.

@GateGirl86 And I say THANK YOU again. <3
Attachments
Crack drawing of an Es'audil Solutions GAS-2602 T Heavy Staff Cannon cal. 900 mm.jpg
Crack drawing of an Es'audil Solutions GAS-2602 T Heavy Staff Cannon cal. 900 mm.jpg (504.99 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Okwa wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:36 am Let's see. From individual rooms to a view of the entire interior, that's quite a difference. But to be honest, I've already done something like that for a gun turret. See the image below, but this is only a 2D export. I had a problem with the section cut, but I forgot to ask you if you know a solution. As far as I know, section cut cannot be made translucent, can it? Because simply setting the section cut and rendering it would leave the interior dark, black, during rendering.
Section cuts can be invisible, you just need to set that in the Sketchup View menu, Section Plane, Section Cuts, Section Fill. I then on Section Plane to position it the way I want, then turn it off and only have Section Cuts and I turn that off sometimes too. I never use Section Fill.

Remember that the Section Cuts does not cut anything from the render. They are used only by the camera to know that it should see through it. Not even outdoor light can get in. So of course, you'll need to turn on the lights in all the rooms because even if the outdoor is lite, it won't go through the cutes, all the walls etc are still there, only the camera ignore them.

Also, Section Cuts makes it easier to work on your model, for example, you orbit the model and suddenly, your camera is above the ceiling, so you have to undo the camera and orbit more precisely etc. Having the ceiling cut out of the view makes working inside way easier.
Your support team.
GateGirl86

Post by GateGirl86 »

@Okwa :salute :mrgreen:

@Support thank you for that very handy tutorial :salute
"Come with me if you want to live."
Sarah Connor
BKilburn

Post by BKilburn »

Nice!
Okwa

Post by Okwa »

@BKilburn Many Thanks

@Support I know that you have to deactivate "Section Fill". :D And it annoys me all the time, because Sk likes to activate this option automatically when loading a file. And then I am allowed to switch it off again. :twisted:

That's what I was afraid of. Placing lights in all the places that would be necessary in this crack drawing when rendering is a pain. That's why I only created this2D export.
Support
Site Admin

Post by Support »

Roger that :salute but when I save my Skp model, it does save the states of the section cuts and keeps them that way after a reload!!
Your support team.